-->

Those slow walkers...

This story actually springs from my bike ride to work today, despite the title...
As I was coming down a rather large hill, faster than the cars around me, I had to dodge a courier driver and his trolley his mind was clearly consumed with other things. 
Usually, I would shake my head and lament to myself of the pitfalls of people not watching where they are going, but this time I was struck with a different thought. As I passed him at breakneck speed, I caught a glimpse of his face, as he was daydreaming, and then as he noticed me. He was clearly apologetic but worried about something...
So how could I be frustrated? What is going on in his life that he walks along a major road without properly looking where he was going? Especially since I can wake up and ride to work in 20 minutes, where, statistically, he has to take the train for hours... 
2 Corinthians 10:5b talks about 'taking every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ.'
Unfortunately, I'm definitely not perfect, but I would not want to be someone who automatically thinks the worst of everyone around them.
Except for people walking and reading their smartphones, those people are the worst.

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Ex nihilo nihil fit Nothing comes out of nothing -Rene Descartes

Followers